Dublin City Council (Smart Dublin) presented SENATOR at the Last Mile Delivery seminar, an event organised by the Chartered Institute for Logistics & Transport (CILT) and Linkline Journal. Payal Pandya introduced SENATOR at a session on “Innovation in Urban Delivery” on 1 April 2022 in Dublin, Ireland.
The event was a continuation of previous high-value conversations around the most challenging part of the supply chain journey: The last mile. From regulation and licensing in Ireland’s commercial transport sector to the ongoing impact of Covid-19 on the national and global supply chain sector, we continued to explore the challenges and opportunities of the last mile market. With all efforts to redesign the supply chain in a sustainable way, the seminar focused on solutions involving technology and innovation, addressing key players in industries across the value chain: retail, e-commerce, warehousing, transportation and delivery.
- 09.30 Welcome Address
- 09.35 Introduction by Chair, Joe Kenny, CEO, CILT
- 09.45 Innovating Urban Deliveries (Payal Pandya, Dublin City Council, Smart Cities Ireland)
- 10.00 Importance of National Roads for the Movement of Goods in the Greater Dublin Area (Peter Walsh, CEO, Transport Infrastructure Ireland)
- 10.15 Challenges of Last Mile Delivery (Mark McKeever, Director, PWC)
- 10.30 Can Training Deliver Measured GHG Savings in Last Mile Delivery (Conor Molloy, AEMS ECONleet)
- 10.45 Refreshments
- 11.00 Retailers’ Challenges in the Last Mile Delivery (Marc O’ Donnell, Head of eCommerce, Dubarry Ireland)
- 11.15 Geography and the Last Mile (Dr. Paul Davis, Lecturer, Dublin City University)
- 11.30 Making the Last Mile More Deliverable (Steven Grover, Head of Growth, GeoDirectory)
- 11.45 Lean & Green Programme (Seân Dennison, Head of Industry Engagement and Technical Standards, GS1 Ireland)
- 12.00 Panel Discussion and Q&A
- 12.20 Closing Address
- 12.30 Networking Opportunity