The meeting was hosted on the 19th and 20th of October 2022 in Correos headquarters to perform a follow-up of the project and define the next steps
The second Annual Progress Meeting of the SENATOR project brought the entire consortium together in Madrid on 19 and 20 October 2022. It was hosted by Correos, the Spanish postal operator as project coordinator, with the attendance of representatives of the 11 partners involved in the project consortium.
All project achievements during the first half of the project (25 months) were presented on a result-based overview.
The European project SENATOR was launched in September 2020 and is funded by the Euro
pean Union’s Horizon 2020 Framework Programme for Research and Innovation (agreement no. 899671) and will run until 2024.
The project aims to create a new urban logistic model for enhancing the sustainability of cities. For this purpose, the project is developing a smart network operator, as a control tower supported on an ICT Platform that will work as a support tool for decision-making, integration and planning of all logistics operations. To test its effectiveness, SENATOR will be validated in a real environment in 2 Living Labs: Zaragoza (Spain) and Dublin (Ireland).
About the SENATOR project progress meeting
The partners of the project consortium met at the second progress meeting with the main objective of performing a follow-up of the project, showing the main advances and defining the next steps to achieve the success of this initiative.
The programme started with a welcome by the Correos team, led by Ángela Núñez, coordinator of the SENATOR project.
During the 2-days meeting, the Work Package (WP) leaders gave presentations on their latest status and progress:
- WP2. Operation & Execution for dynamic planning using simulation and learning (SOFTWARE AG)
- WP3. ICT platform integration and services implementation (DEUSTO)
- WP4. Urban planning validation and governance tools (RINA-C)
- WP5. Sustainable on-demand urban planning and living labs (CORREOS)
- WP6. Business models (MDST)
- WP7. Social awareness, stakeholder engagement, dissemination, and communication
- WP8. Project Management (CORREOS)
The partners also participated in the Exploitation Board (EB) meeting, chaired by MDST, the Project Management Board (PMB) meeting chaired by CORREOS and the Project Technical Committee (PTC) meeting chaired by DEUSTO.
The progress meeting was also an opportunity to discuss other specific topics related to city infrastructure planning or Environmental Impact and Emission assessment of the Logistic proposed approach.
The project group has made significant progress in the analysis of data and environment for the preparation of the SENATOR platform. It will be released soon and will be tested in the pilot cities of Dublin (Ireland) and Zaragoza (Spain).
The SENATOR project public documents
Strategies and procedures have also been improved to ensure a correct interaction between all the WPs. A total of 28 deliverables have been submitted to the European Commission to assess the progress made. The following public deliverables can already be found on the website, containing interesting information on the progress of the project:
- D6.1 Business environment analysis: technical and market-regulatory recommendations Report 1 by MDST.
- D6.9 IPR and Knowledge Management Strategy Report 1 by MDST.
- D2.1 State of the art in optimization and machine leaning algorithms applied to last mile logistics by SOFTWARE AG.
- D7.2 Report on Dissemination and Communication activities Report 1 by ZABALA.
- D3.3 Dashboard solution design by DOTGIS.
- D6.2 Business Environment Analysis Technical and Market_Regulatory Recommendations Report 2 by MDST.
- D3.4 Dashboard code by DOTGIS
- D4.1 Best practice catalogue by RINA-C.
- D4.2 SULP guidelines by RINA-C.
- D7.3 Report on Dissemination and Communication activities Report 2 by ZABALA.
The second progress meeting was successfully and fruitfully concluded. All partners were encouraged to continue the positive dialogue that has taken place since the start of the project and to work towards achieving the ambitious project objectives.
Follow the project on the social media channels to stay tunned! Twitter and LinkedIn