The online assembly was held on 30 November to monitor the project and define the next steps
The first Annual Progress Meeting of the SENATOR project brought the entire consortium online on 30 November 2021. The session recapped the first year of the project, discussed the main achievements and future actions.
The European SENATOR project was launched in September 2020 and is funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Framework Programme for Research and Innovation (agreement no. 861540). The project, which will run until 2024, aims to develop a smart grid operator platform to enable shared, integrated and more sustainable urban freight logistics.
1st SENATOR Progress Meeting
The project partners, representing 11 organisations, gathered at the first Annual Progress Meeting with the main objective of monitoring the project, showcasing the main progress and defining the next steps to make SENATOR a success.
The day’s programme started with a welcome by Santiago Muñoz (CORREOS), the SENATOR project coordinator. Then, the leaders of the work packages (WP) presented their main objectives, tasks, results, conclusions and work plan for the next 6 months:
- Use Case definition and requirements analysis (CORREOS)
- Operation & Execution for dynamic planning using simulation and learning (SOFTWARE AG)
- ICT platform integration and services implementation (DEUSTO)
- Urban planning validation and governance tools (RINA-C)
- Sustainable on-demand urban planning and living labs (CORREOS)
- Business models (MDST)
- Social awareness, stakeholder engagement, dissemination, and communication (ZABALA)
- Project Management (CORREOS)
Moreover, in the meeting, strategies and procedures have been improved to ensure proper interaction between all WPs.
A total of 15 deliverables have been submitted to the European Commission to assess the progress made, and 10 more deliverables are expected to be submitted in the next 9 months.
The following public deliverables can already be found on the website, containing interesting information on the progress of the project:
- Business environment analysis: technical and market-regulatory recommendations Report 1 by MDST.
- IPR and Knowledge Management Strategy Report 1 by MDST.
- State of the art in optimization and machine leaning algorithms applied to last mile logistics by SOFTWARE AG.
- Report on Dissemination and Communication activities Report 1 by ZABALA.
The first Annual Progress Meeting was successfully and fruitfully concluded. All partners were encouraged to continue the positive dialogue that has taken place since the start of the project and to work towards achieving the project’s ambitious objectives.