The event took place the 15 September online
The ‘Smart Logistics Webinar: What role can smart logistics and deliveries play in climate action?’, took place on Wednesday September 15th as part of Dublin Climate Action Week 2021. The Consortium members from Dublin City Council (Smart Dublin) and An Post discussed about innovations in urban logistics and deliveries, with examples from projects like SENATOR and projects from Smart Dublin, local authorities and commercial operators. The event discussed the role that these projects can play in transitioning to more sustainable transport and driving down emissions particularly in urban areas.
This panel discussion explored topics such as:
- Decarbonisation of the fleet
- Enablement of Climate Action national ambitions (e.g. introduction of low emission zones)
- Operations – do the new methods make business model sense for operators?
- How to measure full impact of initiatives?
- Policy – What role do policymakers have to play to manage the kerbside? What needs to happen?
- Payal Pandya, DCC Smart Cities
- James Atkinson, DPD
- Ronan Herron, Dun lAoghaire-Rathdown
- Colm Ennis, DCC Roadworks Control Unit
- Luke Binns, Smart Dublin
- John Smith and Aoife O’Connor, An Post
You can watch the recording of the Webinar below: