The SENATOR platform mock-ups have been published in deliverable 3.3 “Dashboard solution design” by DOTGIS
The European Union is facing the need for sustainable urban development due to the demographic evolution of cities. The percentage of the total EU population living in urban areas is increasing and consumption trends are shifting towards e-commerce. In addition, there is a concern to improve the traffic flow in cities and the environmental consequences resulting from the distribution of goods.
In SENATOR project we propose a paradigm shift in urban freight transport and logistics:
- Our consortium is developing a solution that integrates citizens/customers, transport operators, logistics operators and municipalities on a platform.
- This “control tower” aims to aggregate existing demand for urban last-mile logistics services and match it with available resources (e.g., vehicles) and infrastructure (e.g., parking spaces) to meet all existing needs sustainably.
The SENATOR platform aims to facilitate more efficient, sustainable, and accessible logistics operations at the city level. To this end, we have designed a dashboard that provides a quick overview of the most important aspects of the logistics operation and its impact on the mobility of the city.
Users get real-time information and competitive analysis to identify the elements that require urgent action, streamlining workflows and proposing appropriate resources. They will also have access to graphs, aggregated information, historical information, and decision support visualisations.
The platform design has been developed by DOTGIS, a Spanish big data start‐up that deals with geospatial analytics (Location Intelligence). All the public information about the SENATOR “control tower” can be found in deliverable 3.3 “Dashboard solution design”.
The SENATOR platform’s 4 main services:
- On-demand platform manager: A module will be developed to detect the best combinations between the demand of the final customers and the offer of the different carriers.
- Multimodal fleet manager: The module developed for transport operators will allow identifying the best possible combination between the different types of vehicles of the entire available fleet, with the ultimate goal of optimising distance, pollution and other KPIs. To this end, a web portal will be developed to manage the fleet resources available in SENATOR.
- Smart Route Manager: This developed module will be used by both logistics operators and transporters. Its main objective will be to calculate the best route for the transport of goods using real-time information. It will also consider events that may modify the route such as accidents, traffic congestion and inclement weather and infrastructure information from municipal entities and infrastructure managers. To this end, a web portal will be developed to display the different routes and alternatives.
- Urban Infrastructure Diagnosis: This module will be used by city councils and infrastructure managers to visualise and update information related to traffic restriction policies as well as parking availability data (data provided by the cities – public space for parking – and from the sensors that will be installed in the Urban Living Labs (ULLs) to determine, in certain areas, how many parking spaces are occupied) and municipal regulations.